No, you are not taking a free walking tour. You are embarking on a trust exercise!
The Trust Walk is a popular teambuilding activity that helps people practice trusting each other. A leader guides his or her blindfolded partner around obstacles using verbal or nonverbal instructions. Below you can find some videos for inspiration.
HOW YOU CAN DO IT?
1. Find an open space (e.g.park, square) that has safe limit but still some obstacles.
2. Go in pairs (or trees is your group is uneven number) and decide on the roles. One person should be the leader and the other person the follower. The later should close his/hers eyes. Use a jacket, scarf, other material.
3. Take approximately 5 minutes and "take a walk". The leader should direct the follower on where he/she should go and how (example: there is a log 3 small steps in front of you. It is about 30 cm high, so raise your foot accordingly).
4. Now, switch roles and try again.
5. Reflect in pair and later in group.
This is one out of 9 activities, created for the "Walk with challenges" workshop that took place during the "My step forward" training course, organised by Socialna akademija and its partners and co-funded by Erasmus+. The training course took part in Celje, Slovenija, between 7th and 14th of July 2022. Still, this activity is part of the learning playlist that can be used by anybody, anytime. So gather a group and take a walk ... with challenges... and ... make your FIRST STEP FORWARD!
Recipient of this badge participated in a "Guided walk" exercise, taking on the role of both leader and follower and practised how it is to sense the world around him/her without the sense of sight while putting your trust into somebody else.
Badgecraft hosts this platform and develops it together with leading educational organisations. The European Union's programme Erasmus+ granted co-funding for building the first version of this platform. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.